Sunday, May 15, 2011

Socks, Jewelry and Yarnbombing- Oh what a week!

My order from Knit Picks came in this week.  I got a book about artistic knitting, blocking squares and some wonderful sock yarn to knit my first pair of socks.
Knit picks Felici fingering weight self-striping sock yarn in "Goth" and "Botany"
Awesome book about knitted art!

I've never knit socks before, but silly me picks a beautiful but challenging pattern from Knitty called Maeva.   Everything was going fine until I got to the chart and found myself angry and cussing when cabling proved to be near impossible when using size 0 needles.  After probably 6 hours worth of work on those socks, I frogged them.  I think I'll stick to a more simple pattern for my first time.
Until I start my sock again I have had a nice time starting to make my knit jewelry.   I want to start selling these on my Etsy site because I can make them faster and cheaper than the gloves.
The plan is to knit another one of these and make them into earrings.


Another awesome piece of information that I received was from the Yarnbombing Blog.  You have to check this out!
These ladies knit huge pieces to "tag" (that's right, grafitti-style) trees, statues, monuments, etc.  I totally want to do this.  Who's with me?  Knitters in Columbus need to rally together and Yarnbomb the Statehouse pillars!

1 comment:

  1. Yarn bomb the state house pillars? Hummm perhaps we can start out a little smaller? Get our feet wet before we end up in jail?

    ReplyDelete