Sunday, May 29, 2011

Knitting- not just for wintertime!

I don't have much to say for this entry.  Just want to share what I have been working on and some new discoveries.
Spring (maybe I should say summer?) has really gotten into me lately.  I love knitting natural and that is all I have been doing!  I'm still building my summer inventory-life certainly is trying to get in the way-and I'm slowly but surely making progress.  Here are some small pieces I have made, which will be made into jewelry as soon as I get the supplies!
Already blocked pieces
Small pieces being blocked
I do want to share one thing I have learned and that is the necessity of blocking.  To me it was something only done by experienced sweater-knitters.  If I saw it in a pattern I would skim over it to finish my product (because I'm impatient!).  But I FINALLY looked into what it really is and, I have to say it is so easy!  Especially cold-blocking where you basically pin out your piece to the shape it should be and spray it with water.  I found, also, with this leaf pattern it impossible to not block because the leaves curl into little cup-like shapes.  And if I string a leaf with a bump in it around my neck it looks like a tumor!  So, to avoid repeating, "It's not a tuma'!" all Schwartzenegger-like to everyone I meet, I had to block. 
Also, check out the website for Tricksy Knitter (linked to the pic below).  This is a great site for all your knitting needs and nerdery!
Leaf-shaped washcloths- just for fun-sies! :)

1 comment:

  1. I would go insane if I had to put my needles away for spring and summer. :-)

    ReplyDelete