Thursday, April 21, 2011

West Elm

Has anyone been to West Elm at Easton, it is amazing!  Also, FYI, they have these amazing hand-knit throw blankets that are super soft and cute.  They are also selling for $40 to $60, and I keep thinking, "how f-ing simple would those be to make?  Seriously they wouldn't be difficult.  And how are they making these things in mass if they are hand-knit?  Do they have a massive sweatshop full of Chinese knitters whipping these things out?  If so, can I have a job? ;)
On another note, I started going to a knitting circle again.  This one meets at the Chocolate Cafe in Grandview.  A friend from this group told me about this designer, MMario on Ravelry.  He designs some very beautiful shawls.  What amazes me is that I guess the guy doesn't even knit them, he just come up with the patterns straight out of his head!  That's genius for ya.  And only genius's would wear a top hat in their profile pic :)  I don't really knit or wear shawls, and lace scares the crap out of me, but I think I might be adventurous sometime soon. 
Well I am working right now on a new pair of fingerless gloves.  I have been making various pairs over and over again, trying to perfect the art.  These gloves are made with Lion Brand Wool Ease yarn in Azalea Pink.  (I know, I know, it's just store bought yarn, but it's so much cheaper!)  I incorporated a knit, purl triangles pattern on the fronts.  Also, these are different because I did not knit individual fingers...saves a lot of time! 
Here is a pair that I sold before with individual fingers:
I think I'm ready to try different things, but I want to find a pattern that is quick so that I can make a lot of something in little time.  I think chunky yarn is going to be the key....
That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment