Wednesday, April 20, 2011

First Blog...Ever

I've never tried blogging before.  I guess I just have always seen them as either ego-maniacal rantings of under appreciated geniuses, or self-absorbed, introspective stories about people's lives that are have no effect on the real world.  I am probably right in a way, but I have also been able to read some blogs lately and am starting to see the importance.  They are not necessarily making this great impact on anything individually, but collectively they have a great impact on society...and I was really inspired by the movie Julie and Julia as well :)
Not that I have any grandiose expectations for this blog, so here goes.
I've been really interested in knitting for some time now.  I have been knitting different versions of a fingerless glove pattern and have sold a handful of them on Etsy, to friends and in a fundraiser sale.  But I really want to sell full time sooooooo bad.  It's difficult to do.  Lately, however, I have been really interested in starting a yarn shop near my home.  The only places to buy yarn are places like JoAnn's and Michael's, which are both very far away, in suburb areas.  There was one shop in Clintonville called WonderKnit.  They sold yarn and held classes and everything, but they went out of business.  I don't know why!!! I need to get a hold of them...was there just not enough clientele....was the location bad?  "What went wrong, seriously, what happened?" (quote from one of my favorite movies, High Fidelity).   I need to find out.
I know everyone who hears knitting thinks "grandma", but there is a serious knitting (and crafting) movement going on here in Columbus, and I want to be a serious part of it, damn it! 
So let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment